Breakfast Bran Muffins
by Shoshanna Easling
A muffin could never be more nutritious for your body. It is packed with health in the form of nuts, seeds, and dried fruits.Skip the no-nutrition, preservative-packaged, breakfast and granola bars, and replace them with these muffins. It’s cost-effective, yet delicious.
Breakfast Bran Muffins
Prep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min. Yield: 24 muffins
½ cup blanched almond flour
½ cup flax meal
1 tsp. sea salt
1 T. cinnamon
2 tsp. baking soda
15 Medjool dates, pitted and chopped
8 large eggs
¼ cup olive oil, grapeseed oil, or coconut oil
1 cup almond butter
1½ cups coconut milk
1½ tsp. vanilla
¼ cup water
½ cup pumpkin seeds
½ cup sesame seeds
½ cup sunflower seeds
1 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped
1 cup currants or raisins
1. Preheat the oven to 350º F. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
2. In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, flax meal, salt, cinnamon, and baking soda.
3. In a high-powered blender, puree the dates, eggs, olive oil, almond butter, coconut milk, vanilla, and water on high speed until completely smooth.
4. Stir the wet ingredients into the almond flour mixture until blended, then stir in the seeds, walnuts, and currants.
5. Scoop ¼ cup of batter into each prepared muffin cup. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out with just a few moist crumbs attached.
6. Let the muffins cool slightly in the pan for 20 minutes, then serve warm.
From our Mailbox
Hi, just wanted to drop you a quick note - "you guys" have the best ever
website devoted to herbs and their many uses. I am soooo grateful I found you. Plus, your prices are very reasonable, shipping is next to immediate and the herbs are always fresh. I recommend you to friends all the time. Thank you for being here for us!
I know you cannot administer medical advice but you do provide good
information and other sources to check on information. I believe you help us to good health and perhaps even saving a life or two along the way. In my home, I believe herbal therapy has kept my husband alive and kicking where one of his MD's almost killed him!
Thank you again, Jaye
Did You Know?
The daily consumption of Spirulina can improve and restore your energy levels like few other food sources can. This is partly due to its high content of riboflavin. Riboflavin helps release energy from carbohydrates, proteins and fats. So, the more riboflavin you consume, the more energy you'll get out of the foods you eat. Spirulina has more riboflavin than any other food source, making it perfect for those desiring an energy boost without any side effects.
- Bulk Herbs
- Herbal Mixes
- Water Filters
- Herban Earth
- Heirloom Seeds
- Gift Certificates