DIY Mint Sugar Scrub: A Great Holiday Gift
By Nicole - November 17, 2014
I love giving gifts to people. I especially love giving handmade gifts, like this refreshing DIY mint sugar scrub! Every year, starting in the fall, I start to browse through the magazines and look online to see which DIY gifts I can make to give away to friends and family for the holidays. There are always 3 things I look for in a DIY project to determine whether or not it's a winner.
DIY Gift Requirements:
- Is the project actually doable?/Will it work?
- Is it worth it money-wise?
- Does the finished product look appealing?
Mint Sugar Scrub Recipe:
- 1/4 c. White Sugar
- 1/8 c. Sweet Almond Oil
- 1/2 T. Peppermint Herb
- 5 drops Peppermint or Spearmint Essential Oil
A few notes about the recipe:
- I used regular white sugar in this recipe, but you can use all-natural sugar or even salt if you'd like.
- I chose to use sweet almond oil because it's an oil that is good for sensitive skin. It also doesn't turn the mixture yellow or brown since there's very little color to the oil. However, feel free to sub in another oil if you'd like.
- Peppermint essential oil should not be used with pregnant women (it can inhibit milk production) or young children. Substitute spearmint oil instead.
- If the oil settles to the bottom of the mixture, just give it a quick stir to disperse it evenly again.