Herbal Pumpkin Spiced Latte
By Lauren Brandt - October 27, 2014
It’s that time of year to meet friends at the orchard, take a walk through the pretty fall colors and try that pumpkin spiced latte featured at your favorite cafe. As good as it sounded, I wasn’t very satisfied with the synthetic, syrupy Pumpkin Latte that the cafe offered me and I didn’t feel too good after all that sugar either. So I took matters into my own hands and set out on a mission to create the perfect healthy and delicious Herbal Pumpkin Spiced Latte. Armed with only the best Spices and ingredients and at the Bulk Herb Store, I went to town experimenting, stirring, mixing, brewing and tasting. The warm flavors blended together perfectly and the final cup complemented the blustery day and bright fall colors outside so very well. It left me no choice but to merrily frolic through the Bulk Herb Store sharing my little glass of spiced success. This more healthy and delicious Herbal Pumpkin Spiced Latte (which pairs perfectly with Shoshanna’s Ginger Snap Cookies) will leave your taste buds dancing in delight and your body feeling strong and healthy. Falling For Healthily & Delicious! Lauren BrandtReturn to all articles
— Herbal Pumpkin Spiced Latte — Serves 4 - Preparation 15 minutesPerfect cup of sweet fall flavors to share with gathered family and friends. Sip and serve it with a smile, knowing that it is made of only the best, healthful ingredients. Herbal Pumpkin Spice Blend Ingredients:
- 1 Bag Creamy Pumpkin Pie Tea (1/2 lb)
- 4 Tablespoons Ginger Root
- 2 Tablespoons Orange Peel
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Whole Cloves
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Whole Peppercorns
- 1 1/2 Heaping Tablespoons Cinnamon Powder
- 6 Cups Strong Brewed Coffee (1/2 cup coffee grinds to 6 cups water)
- 1/2 Cup of Herbal Pumpkin Spice Blend
- 1 Cup Of Full Fat Coconut Milk (stirred and mixed until smooth)
- 1/2 Cup of Raw Honey
- 1/4 Teaspoon Celtic Salt
- A Pinch of Ground Fresh Nutmeg or Nutmeg Powder
- Open 1 (1/2 lb) bag of Creamy Pumpkin Pie Tea and mix in a bowl with all other spice ingredients.
- Brew in a coffee pot, 6 cups strong coffee (1/2 cup coffee grinds to 6 cups water).
- In a sauce pan, stir in 1/2 cup of Herbal Pumpkin Spice Blend, coconut milk, honey and salt. Warm on medium high heat for 12 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove spiced latte mixture from heat.
- Carefully measure 1/2 cup of latte mixture into a Tea Mug Basket Strainer placed over a mug and follow with 1/2 cup of coffee over the herbs in the strainer. Remove strainer from mug. Stir latte and add a pinch of ground nutmeg. Top with whipped cream & nutmeg if desired. Enjoy!