Herbs and the holidays go hand in hand. They are used to stuff a turkey, garnish a side dish, and intertwine a wreath. Herbs also make great holidays gifts for the herb-lovers in your life, or for those you would like to share your love of herbs with!
One easy and beautiful way to give the gift of herbs this Christmas is with DIY Ornamental Herbal Tea. Herbs look so lovely displayed in a clear hanging ornament. They also smell fantastic!
Simple Instructions for a DIY Herbal Tea Ornament:
- Buy clear glass or plastic ornaments
- Remove the cap of the ornament
- Place a small funnel into the top hole of the ornament
- Fill the ornament with your choice of herbs or herbal mixes
- Replace the cap on the ornament
- Decorate ornament with ribbons. It's a good idea to tie a tag on the ornament with what the herb(s) is, how to make the tea, and what the tea is good for. Basic tea instructions to include on the tag is to add 1-2 tsp. of the herb into a cup of boiling water. Cover the pan and remove from heat. Steep the tea for 5-20 minutes, strain, and drink.
- Lavender - wonderfully relaxing to the mind and body. Great to relieve holiday stress.
- Christmas Tea Blend - contains hibiscus, orange peel, rose hips, lemon grass, peppermint leaf, cinnamon chips, black tea, cloves, and ginger root.
- Creamy Pumpkin Pie Tea - Contains red rooibos tea, cinnamon chips, orange peel, cloves, ginger root
- Ginger Snap Tea - Contains ginger root, red rooibos tea, cloves, fennel seed, licorice root, stevia herb, orange peel, cinnamon chips