Patriotic Lemon Tarts
By Alexis Rowe - June 26, 2014
Who's ready for another recipe for your 4th of July celebration? Did you like Monday's Patriotic Fruit Popsicles? With this next recipe, we are going to reinvent the way you think of dessert! And guess what, they are vegan, gluten-free, casein-free, and sugar-free! Now I bet you're thinking that there is no way under this summertime sun that we could come up with a dessert this healthy, and it still be tasty. But it is the honest truth, that's how we are going to reinvent the way you think about dessert! Try them out for yourself and see! I am proud to present the delicious, delectable treat:
Patriotic Lemon TartsHealthy Dessert of the Year!
What You Need:Crust:
- 2 cups Almond Flour
- 1 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 1/4 cup Raw Honey
- 3/4 cup Coconut Oil, melted
- 1 1/2 tsp. Lemon Zest
- 3 cups Cashews, soaked for 4 hrs. & drained
- 2 1/2 cups Raw Honey
- 1 1/2 cup Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup + 3 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 1 1/2 tsp. Vanilla
- 2 tsp. Celtic Sea Salt
- 3 1/2 Tbsp. Lemon Zest
Instructions:For Crust -
- Blend all ingredients together with a fork, until consistency resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Press a small amount of the crust mixture onto the bottom of a tart pan.
- Blend all ingredients together in a blender until smooth.
- Pour filling mix over crust in tart pans.
- Freeze for 20 minutes until filling is completely hardened.