My dad’s a preacher. Often, after a service the family would come home tired, looking forward to a good night’s rest. But dad’s mind would still be going over and over the sermon he had just preached. On some nights, I would lie in my bed and hear him walking back and forth.
My dad needed to have something to help him wind down and relax. This is one reason my mom discovered herbal teas. Fast Asleep Tea is great for insomnia and restless sleep. It has a mild pleasant flavor.
You can make a cup at a time with 1 - 2 teaspoons of the premixed herbs per cup of boiling water or a pot at a time for the whole family.
For more information on making teas, see the Preparing Remedies page. The following books have been our best references on making our own teas over the years:
From Our Reading and/or Experience...
- This dry herb mixture can also be made into a tincture. As a tincture, it would be more effective. However, we prefer it as a tea because of its great flavor.
- The mixture can also be ground up and encapsulated, as some simply prefer capsules.
- The Fast Asleep Tea can be used to benefit men, women (including before, during or after pregnancy, and nursing), and children.
- It can be used as often as you would like, and in any way you choose.
- Because Chamomile is one of the ingredients in this mixture, it is critical that it be stored in a dark, dry, and cool place. Refrigeration or freezing is highly recommended, but not necessary. Following these suggestions will delay the loss of its highly valued nutritional and medicinal properties.