Are you craving something warm and frothy, but not quite up for coffee today? Here at Bulk Herb Store we are a little bit obsessed with tea lattes. Wholesome organic plant milks infused with nourishing teas then frothed with spices and organic oils are a soothing way to pour a little self-care into your day. So settle in, grab your favorite mug, and read on for five simple steps for making any kind of tea latte. Looking for a little inspiration to get started? Try our featured Pomegranate Green Tea Latte at the end of the article. Happy sipping!
How to make any kind of tea latte in 5 simple steps:
Make your own signature lattes that are uniquely you with this simple, flexible process:
- Start with your favorite, hot-brewed tea (green, black, herbal, rooibos - you name it!). You can choose a caffeinated tea like an organic green tea or an herbal tea or make your own hot herbal infusion with your herbs of choice.
- Add a little organic oil and/or nut butter. Some popular favorites include organic coconut oil, organic cashew nut butter, and organic almond butter.
- Mix in powdered herbs and spices. Get creative by adding organic botanicals like sweet cinnamon, vibrant turmeric, or yummy cacao.
- Pour ingredients into a blender and blend until frothy.
- Immediately, pour into a mug and top with fragrant garnishes like organic rose petals or spicy ginger.
Don't limit your latte palate to only coffee! The possibilities are endless!
We love coming up with new recipes and we are always looking for new ways to infuse a little green tea into our lives. And why not? With a kiss of caffeine, burst of antioxidants, and bountiful health benefits, green tea is the perfect refresher for your day. This pomegranate green tea latte is the marriage of the delicate green tea with the rich island flavors of coconut. The slight fruitiness from the pomegranate ties the flavors together to create a soothing, satisfying drink for any occasion. This latte is delicious hot or cold.
Pomegranate Green Tea Latte:
Makes 2 large lattes
- 2 cups hot (not boiling - about 170 degrees) water
- 4-5 teaspoons Pomegranate Green Tea
- 1/4 cup full fat, organic coconut milk (or almond milk)*
- 2-3 tablespoons Raw Organic Honey (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon organic virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- Pinch of Celtic Sea Salt
- Add the tea to hot water and allow to steep covered for 3 minutes.
- Strain tea leaves from tea using a funnel with a strainer and carefully pour tea into blender.
- Add remaining ingredients to blender and blend tea until frothy.
- Pour into mugs and enjoy!
*I prefer Trader Joe's or Whole Food's 365 brand. It's a good idea to check the cans to ensure the linings used in them are BPA free!