Sorghum Cookies Recipe
These little gems are easy to whip up and freeze well after baking if stored properly. They are delicious paired with your favorite hot tea or coffee and I am so excited to share this recipe with each of you! One of the star ingredients in this recipe is Cinnamon Bark Powder, it helps give it the spicy warmth you will love so much!
These cookies perfectly bring to life the pairing of sugar and spice!
For best results, make the dough in the evening and refrigerate overnight, then bake the next morning. But don't worry, you don't "have" to do that.
- 9 c. Flour
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 4 tsp. Baking Powder
- 3 tsp. Ginger
- 3 tsp. Cinnamon
- 2 c. Butter
- 2 c. Evaporated Cane Sugar/Sucanat
- 4 Eggs
- 2 c. Sorghum Syrup
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 6 tsp. Baking Soda in 1/4 c. Hot Water
- Cream butter and sugar together and then add eggs. Beat well.
- Then add sorghum, vanilla, and soda water. Mix dry ingredients into cream mixture.
- In the morning, roll small balls of dough and place on cookie sheet. Do Not Press Flat!
- You can roll the dough balls in sugar at this point and it makes them even yummier
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 6 minutes on bottom rack then 6 minutes on top rack. Makes about 8 dozen cookies.
Now time to ENJOY!