Celtic Sea Salt Light Grey(CL)
Add delicious flavor to your soups, stews, breads, meat dishes, and salads with Celtic Sea Salt! Celtic Sea Salt® is referenced in more culinary and nutritional books and journals than any other salt in the world.
This is the authentic, unprocessed, gourmet, kosher, whole salt from the most pristine coastal regions. Since 1976, Celtic Sea Salt has been harvested by the salt farmers using a farming method that preserves the purity and balance of ocean minerals. Celtic Sea Salt is completely hand harvested. It is dried by the sun and the wind, which helps in retaining the ocean’s moisture and locking in a vast array of vital trace elements. Celtic Sea Salt Light Grey is a more coarse, moist salt, while the Fine Ground is an all-purpose shaker salt convenient for use at the table or in baking. Neither salt contains any additives, or is processed in any way beyond drying and grinding.
Celtic Sea Salt brand salt is hand-harvested and so perfectly balanced that its health benefits are immeasurable. It is one of nature’s finest foods, and it provides many minerals and trace minerals that exist in unique proportion in the ocean waters that feed the salt farms.
Magnesium is one of the major constituents of living matter. Deprived of magnesium salts, test animals experience cessation of growth and die within 30 days. Magnesium deficiency in humans produces decalcification, anemia, drastic weight loss, obesity, dizziness, and irritability. The benefits derived from magnesium salts stem from the spectacular increase in cellular activity. Magnesium salts in the proper amount can do much, helping heal serious conditions such as enlarged prostate, dissolving kidney stones, and helping arrest some forms of cancer.
The percentage of magnesium chloride, magnesium bromide, and sulfate varies from one salt to another. In refined salt it is totally lacking and is present in insignificant quantities in boiled salt. Its scarcity harms the kidneys and gall bladder and contributes to formation of stones. Thus, for optimum health it is imperative to use a natural salt that contains the correct ratios of magnesium salts in harmony with the biological composition of the body’s cellular fluids.
Magnesium salts are vitally needed to stimulate white blood cell activity. When magnesium-rich sea salt is used as a dressing on wounds or in any disease, it promotes healing at an accelerated pace. When sipped in a diluted solution, it banishes fatigue. Certain skin ailments, such as acne, eczema, herpes, psoriasis, and pruritis (itching) are relieved. It is known that magnesium levels, while abundant in young adults, become scarce in older persons. There is a statistical relationship between senility, impotence, and diminished magnesium salts. A 154 lb. young adult requires about 1 gram of magnesium per day.
Research traces the lack of magnesium in an organism to three distinct factors:
1. Eating grains and vegetables grown on chemically fertilized fields, noted for being deficient in magnesium salts.
2. Consuming white bread and refined grain products: The magnesium and other vital minerals in the bran are removed in the polishing of rice and sifting of flours.
3. Using refined table salt or salt that contains either no magnesium salts or less than 0.007%.
The Role of Salt in the Body
A complex salt solution surrounds and circulates around our body’s cells, forms the plasma of our blood, and constitutes the lymphatic and duodenal fluids. There are 72 macro and micro minerals that naturally occur in sea salt, and each plays a specific role in regulating optimum physiological function and safeguarding health. All of these essential elements are driven out when salt is washed, refined, or kiln-dried, which removes its many minerals. Unrefined, hand-harvested natural sea salt, used in the proper manner, has cured many people of unexplainable acute and chronic illnesses. When a person’s health fails to improve on a natural diet of whole grains and vegetables, failure can usually be attributed to the use of refined salt or to a total lack of salt in the diet. The total absence of dietary salt greatly inhibits the absorption of nutrients from grains and vegetables and renders them unable to function as medicine. Salt-free diets are unhealthy. However, salt should be used in moderation, with the understanding that small amounts of natural, quality salt will effectively displace the accumulation of stored refined salts from the body. Healthy human kidneys will excrete 6 times as much salt per liter in urine than the skin through perspiration.
Causes of Salt Craving
Salt cravings are common for many Americans that consume refined table salt or that restrict sodium in their diets. In the latter case, reducing overall salt intake does not solve the problem that creates the salt craving. When dietary magnesium intakes are low or nil, the craving for salt increases considerably and compulsively as a mechanism to replenish the lack of magnesium. This goal cannot be achieved because refined salt lacks sufficient quantities of magnesium. This leads to an over-consumption of salt.
Celtic Sea Salt brand salt is a hand harvested salt that is naturally high in nutrients. It has none of the chemical additives that processed salt contains. Celtic Sea Salt brand contains all of the naturally-occurring minerals our bodies need to maintain good health and deter disease Celtic Sea Salt brand regularly replenishes the body as nature intended, without the harmful effects associated with table salt. The bad reputation of table salt (NaCl) is well-deserved. It is completely unnatural, refined, and chemically and biologically dangerous. Refined salt is completely stripped of all natural nutrients essential to good health. Refined salt contributes to multiple health and organ malfunctions due to the anti-caking agents, stabilizers, and other additives that are included in the final product. The primary function of salt is to allow body fluids to flow and to replenish necessary electrolytes. These basic functions are disrupted by the refining process and the addition of anti-caking agents. Biologists tell us that the requirements of our body for salt that still contains all of the naturally occurring trace elements of seawater are very real and that these minerals must be replenished regularly in order to maintain the immune system.
–JoAnn Denton, Ph.D., CN
Dr. Recommended Sea Salt
Why is Celtic Sea Salt® Brand “Dr Recommended”?
Celtic Sea Salt® Brand Sea Salts contain a higher percentage of mineral-dense natural brine (sea water). This bio-available high moisture content naturally lowers the amount of Sodium Chloride found in our salts. Hand-harvested, unrefined Celtic Sea Salt® Brand Sea Salts are recommended by Doctors and Natural Health Practitioners around the world.
Sea water contains natural trace minerals such as ionized sodium, magnesium, calcium, potassium, and selenium, plus trace elements such as copper, iron, zinc, manganese, and chromium. The human body uses these minerals and trace elements to create electrolytes, and maintain bodily fluids. This “internal ocean” is vital to the proper functioning of every system within our body.
The distinctive moisture of Celtic Sea Salt® Brand Sea Salt is mineral-rich brine, or "Mother Liquor," that has been traditionally used for centuries as a health elixir. Naturally formed sea salt crystals are saturated in this life giving “Mother Liquor.” Celtic Sea Salt® Brand Sea Salt is hand-harvested and carefully packaged to preserve the integrity of this phenomenal union.
With hundreds of Doctors and Natural Health Practitioners recommending Celtic Sea Salt® Brand Sea Salt world-wide, it is no wonder that our product continues to receive industry and consumer praise alike. Health Professionals recommend Celtic Sea Salt® Brand Sea Salt as a natural alternative to refined salt that may help balance blood pressure while enhancing the flavor and quality of foods.
What are the Doctors saying?
“This (Celtic Sea Salt® Brand) is the one I use. It has a long track record with me. This is what I recommend for my patients.”
- Dr. David Brownstein, M.D.
Dr. David Brownstein is a Board-Certified Family Physician who utilizes the best of conventional and alternative therapies. He is the Medical Director for the Center for Holistic Medicine in West Bloomfield, Michigan.
“Celtic Sea Salt® is the whole, unprocessed, natural salt I always recommend.”
- Lynne August, M.D
“We recommend a natural, unrefined salt called Celtic Sea Salt®... it includes many trace minerals including sodium chloride and magnesium salts.”
- Jordan Rubin, N.M.D., and Joseph Brasco, M.D.
“I’ve enjoyed using Celtic Sea Salt® for several years now. It enhances the flavor of whole foods and provides me and my family with a superior source of trace minerals.”
- Christiane Northrup, M.D.
“Many illnesses are caused or exacerbated by trace-mineral deficiencies. These can be avoided by the liberal use of Celtic Sea Salt® in your cooking and the complete avoidance of all other salts, all of which contain only pure sodium chloride.”
- Thomas S. Cowan, M.D.
The Original Brand™ is the most trusted brand. Celtic Sea Salt® Brand is referenced in more culinary and nutritional books and journals than any other salt in the world.
- known to help balance blood pressure
- great for hypertension
- better for diabetics
- contains no added chemicals/anti-caking agents
- contains all of the minerals of the ocean, not just NaCl
- Doctor recommended
So again you ask why? Why is Celtic Sea Salt® Dr Recommended? See for yourself. We do.
Raw Energy Breakfast Blast
Attack the day! Don’t let a heavy breakfast bog you down. Life belongs to the energetic! Let’s make it happen with this Raw Energy Breakfast Blast!
RAW NUT MILK
HOW TO MAKE IT...
- Pour cashews and water in a cup or small jar.
- Place strainer on top of cup and add Bay leaf and Cardamom. Soak overnight.
- The next morning, remove strainer, rinse and strain the cashews.
- soaked nuts
- 5 ice cubes
- 1/2 of a banana
- 1 tablespoon Cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 tablespoon Raw Honey
Blend well and serve.
Bentonite Clay Toothpaste Recipe
Try our Bentonite Clay Toothpaste, made with all natural ingredients that you can make at home!
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon Stevia Herb
- 1 1/2 cups Cinnamon Sticks
- 4 tablespoons Whole Cloves
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Celtic Sea Salt
- 1 - 1 1/2 cups Bentonite Clay Powder
HOW TO MAKE IT...
- Mix the first four ingredients in a medium saucepan, and simmer 30 minutes. While that’s heating, mix 1 tablespoon baking soda and 1 teaspoon Celtic Sea Salt and set aside.
- Next, place 1 cup of Bentonite Clay into a glass bowl. Note: it is important to use a glass bowl and wooden spoon because when the Bentonite Clay gets wet, it sets up an electromagnetic reaction which will absorb the particles inside of a metal bowl, or the toxins out of a plastic one.
- Remove saucepan from heat and strain off herbs, catching the liquid in a glass bowl. Slowly add the salt and baking soda mixture. Expect it to foam and bubble. This is the cinnamon and the baking soda reacting to each other. While it is still frothing, pour the liquid mixture into the bowl of Bentonite Clay, and whisk briskly. The foam will start to settle down and a smooth paste should start to form.
- Continue to add the remaining Bentonite Clay until the desired consistency is reached. Store in glass jars and avoid any contact with absorbable metals.
- That’s it! You’ve just made your own natural toothpaste!
Natural Deodorant Recipe
Prep Time 30 min - Makes 8 oz.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, infused with your choice herbs
- 1 tablespoon Celtic Sea Salt
- 1 tablespoon Beeswax
- 2 tablespoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon Arrowroot Powder
- Essential Oils (Optional)
- 2 tablespoons Bentonite Clay (Optional- Bentonite may stain light colored clothing)
HOW TO MAKE IT...
- Add ingredients to a saucepan on low heat, stirring between each addition.
- Continue to melt and stir ingredients until beeswax is completely dissolved.
- Remove from heat and pour into your choice container- recycled deodorant dispenser, or Metal Tin.
Autumn Spice Chia Seed Pudding
This delicious pudding is a perfect treat to enjoy after long scenic walks through the crisp autumn leaves. Top with a dollop of whipped cream and sprinkle with a pinch of cinnamon to add the finishing touches to this nutritious dessert.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 1 cup Black Spice Chai Tea infusion
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons Raw Honey
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- small pinch of Celtic Sea Salt
- 2/3 cup Chia seeds
HOW TO MAKE IT...
- Make Black Spice Chai Tea infusion by simmering on the stovetop: 3 tablespoons of Black Spice Chai Tea and 2 cups water. Simmer until your infusion has been reduced to 1 cup of liquid and strain off herbs.
- Combine first six ingredients and beat until smooth. Add Chia Seeds and stir rapidly with whisk for 5 minutes. It is important to stir well so you don’t have lumpy pudding. Cool in the refrigerator.
- Serve chilled and topped with whipped cream and a sprinkle of Cinnamon. Enjoy!
Skinny Me Herban Tea Recipe
Follow these three easy steps to create the perfect masterpiece of soothing health-and-happiness-in-a-cup... otherwise know as Tea.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 1 tablespoon Resolution Tea Mix
- 1 teaspoon Ginger Root
- 1 teaspoon Stevia Herb (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon Powder (or 2 cinnamon sticks)
- 1 pinch Celtic Sea Salt
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (with the mother)
- Tea Mug Basket Strainer
HOW TO MAKE IT...
- Bring 1 cup water to 208 degrees (almost boiling).
- Spoon first 5 ingredients into Tea Mug Basket Strainer placed over a cup.
- Pour water over herbs and let steep for 30 minutes. Remove Basket Strainer from mug and add vinegar. Enjoy hot or iced , and drink your way skinny!