Double-E Immune Booster, Organic, 1/2 lb.(DEIB-2)
Each herb in this powerful blend packs a mean punch against sickness, and works together to help create an environment in your body where only health and vitality can thrive.
Boost your body’s immune system with a mug of this original recipe pulled from nature’s best. Teeming with flavorful and healthful herbs like peppermint and rose hips, it’s the perfect winter defense. Enjoy hot or cold with or without honey.
1. Heat 1 cup of water to 208 degrees.
2. Add 1-3 teaspoons of tea into a tea strainer.
3. Pour water over herbs and steep for 15 minutes. Remove tea strainer and herbs. Sweeten if desired and enjoy!
Make your tincture by filling a jar 1/3 - 1/2 full of herbs. Use 1/3 for hard herbs and roots (as they will absorb more liquid) and 1/2 for soft or fluffy herbs. Fill the jar to the top with alcohol (80-90 proof Vodka is best), close it, and store for 3-8 weeks in a cool, dry place. Shake the jar daily. After 3-8 weeks, strain and discard the herbs, bottle the liquid and label it.
For more information on making tinctures, see How To Make a Tincture.
Article: Boost Your Immune System with Double-E
New research has opened amazing advances into herbal medicine, including information that will help rev up the immune system. We continually research and upgrade our pre-mixes to include all the best herbs available.
Flu, virus, and infections all are enemies ready to lay us low. Our natural immune system is our first and best defense. God gave us leaves, roots and good sense to help us keep our immune systems working in top order to avoid sickness.
One easy way to keep the immune system in high gear is raw garlic, but it stinks so bad that we use our Double “E” Immune Booster. Our new recipe, which includes the whole Echinacea plant and Elderberry herb (as well as several other immune boosting herbs), has proven to be a fast and effective way to provide the body with the defense it needs in times of repair.
The premixed herbs can be made into a tea for a fast and effective way to provide the body with the goodness of each herb.
I also make this recipe into a tincture every year. It takes an effort, but then I make enough tincture (a gallon) to last the whole year for my household and my children’s children plus many extra folks that need it. The tincture made from this recipe is dark and smells strongly of the dried herbs. I know it is effective because I have used it for many years.
I have used honey in the place of glycerin and it works well but the honey is not as pleasant tasting. I have also made an alcohol tincture and mixed it half and half with the finished glycerin tincture to help cut the sweet taste of the glycerin. I like it much better this way but while my children were small I always used just glycerin.
As adults, we take 1/2 – 1 teaspoon (30 – 60 drops or so) every hour at the first sign of a cold or flu (any infection) until the symptoms disappear. We use less for children. Alcohol, glycerin or a mixture of the two is a good investment for a year’s supply of immune defense.
For more information on making tinctures using alcohol or glycerin, see the Preparing Remedies page. The following books have been our best references on making our own tinctures at home over the years:
Herbal Antibiotics for making alcohol and glycerin tinctures
Practical Herbalism for making alcohol tinctures
The ABC Herbal for making glycerin tinctures
The How to Herb Book for making alcohol tinctures
From Our Reading and/or Experience...
- Unlike most herbs which can be consumed as a life-long daily supplement, the Immune Booster should only be used in times of need. That is, as soon as you feel you are coming down with something or are sick.
- This dry herb mixture can be brewed into a tea. It can also be ground up into powder and encapsulated. The tinctures would be more effective, but some folks simply prefer teas or capsules.
- The Immune Booster can be used to benefit men, women (including before, during, and after pregnancy, and nursing), and children.
- Because of the Echinacea, Double-E Immune Booster is best taken when your immune system is compromised and not on a long-term basis.
- As is the case with most herbs, this mixture should be stored in a dark, dry, and cool place. Refrigeration or freezing is great, but certainly not necessary. Following these suggestions will delay the loss of its highly valued nutritional and medicinal properties.
- Follow the same instructions for storage after you make it into a tincture. We do not use any bottles in particular, but recycle empty glass bottles, whenever possible.
- An alcohol tincture (extract) doesn't taste the greatest but is the most effective way to draw out the goodness of the herbs, and is the easiest to make. For those two reasons alone, alcohol tinctures are the industry standard in all ready-made store bought tinctures. They also keep the longest (at least 2 years).
- Glycerine tinctures (or glycerites), though not as effective, are much more palatable with their sweet flavor. However, they will only keep for up to one year or so.
- A combination of both alcohol and glycerine has the benefits of both (effectiveness, sweet flavor, and longer shelf life).
Sorry, no recipes found.