Salves/ointments are a great way to support skin health and vibrancy.
1. Fill glass jar 1/3 full of herbs and cover with coconut oil or your oil of choice. Screw on lid and place jar on top of a dishtowel in a crock pot. Fill the crock pot with water (but not above the jar’s lid) and turn on warm for three days.
2. Check the water level everyday to make sure the water hasn’t evaporated, and fill as needed. NEVER pour cold water over a hot glass jar.
3. After three days, strain the herbs off of the oil (while warm).
4. Melt a 1/2 cup (approximately 2 oz. of grated beeswax for 8 to 9 oz. of infused oil) of beeswax in a saucepan on low heat and add oil. Remove from heat and stir until completely melted. Add a drop of vitamin E oil or Grapeseed oil for every ounce of oil. This is a natural preservative.
5. Pour into metal tins and let sit over night or carefully place in refrigerator to cool and harden.
~ If it is too soft for you, reheat it and add a bit more beeswax. If it is too hard reheat it and add a touch more oil.
~ Salve is a thick oil that has traditionally been used for cuts, bites, burns, rashes, massage, and more. Salves can keep up to five years or more.
~ Keep out of light and extreme heat.