Pau D'Arco Bark C/S, 1/2 lb.(PDAB-2)
The inner bark of the Pau D'Arco tree is commonly used to brew a tea or tincture for the medicinal qualities it posessess. The Incas and native tribes of South America use Pau D’Arco Bark externally as a poultice for treating skin problems.
Treasured for its powerful antibiotic, antibacterial, and antifungal properties, Pau D’Arco Bark may help support the body's natural defence against yeast and fungal overgrowth. It can be used to combat these health issues both internally and externally.
Common Name: Pau D'Arco, taheebo
Excerpts from Nutritional Herbology
The Incas and native tribes of South America use pau d’arco bark externally as a poultice or decoction for treating skin diseases including eczema, psoriasis, fungal infections, hemorrhoids and skin cancers. The recent popularity of pau d’arco in western herbology is attributed to its antifungal activity in treating systemic yeast infections like candida albicans.
Yeast infections often accompany or follow antibiotic therapy and can be especially resistant to conventional treatment. The antifungal action of pau d’arco is used to combat these infections by drinking the tea thrice daily.
Pau d’arco is an excellent herbal source of calcium. It is also diuretic and antipyretic.
Pau D' Arco is high or very high on the following nutrients:
Excerpts from The How to Herb Book
Pau d' Arco (Taheebo) comes from the inner bark of the Red Lapacho tree in the Andes of South America. It has been used for centuries. Theodoro Meyer of the National University of Tucuman, Argentina was the first modern scientist to study Taheebo’s chemical composition. He found it contained XYLOIDIN – an antibiotic with viricidal properties. Also contains LASPACHOL – an element noted for its anti-tumor activity.
- Used for many disorders, considered an "everything" herb.
- To make a tea, add 1 heaping tablespoon to 4-6 cups of hot water and steep for 5-20 minutes. Strain off herbs and enjoy!
- Used for all skin diseases.
- Good for sores, even old ones, used externally.
- Blood purifier
From Our Reading and/or Experience...
- We use Pau D' Arco often in teas as the taste is absolutely fabulous. Of course, it can be used in many other types of remedies. For instance, it can easily be made into powder, and used as such in capsules.
- Storage is not very critical with Pau D' Arco.
All-In-One Parasite Cleansing Tincture Recipe
Give those nasty little creepy crawlies a run for their money with this powerful combination of herbs!
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 2 parts Whole Cloves
- 2 parts Black Walnut Hull Powder
- 2 parts Pau D'Arco Bark
- 2 parts Olive Leaf
- 1 part Cats Claw Bark
- 1 part Minced Garlic
- 1 part Oregano Herb
HOW TO MAKE IT...
- Blend together all herbs and store in a tightly-sealed glass jar.
- Follow our Tincture Making Instructions for an incredibly effective all-in-one parasite cleanse.
- To make a larger or smaller amount of Parasite Tincture, use the parts measurements (we used a 1/2 cup measurement for each "part" in this recipe).
Herban Face Wash
Wash your worries away with this all-natural cleanser. This anti-aging face wash gently cleanses the natural way, helping to leave your skin free of impurities and ready to shine through the day.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED ~ To Infuse Your Herbal Oil
- Olive Leaf
- Lavender Flowers
- Rosemary Leaf
- Pau D’Arco
- Cinnamon Sticks
- Coconut Oil
HOW TO MAKE IT...
Fill a glass jar 1/3 of the way full with equal parts of each herb. Cover herbs in coconut oil (more easily done if oil is slightly melted). Place lid on jar. Set jar on top of a towel in a crockpot filled with water, on the warm setting for 3 days. Watch water level and be very careful not to pour cool water on a hot jar, as this can cause it to explode. After 3 days, remove the jar from heat, let cool, and strain off herbs. Now you have an Herbal Infused Oil!
WHAT YOU'LL NEED ~ To Make Herban Face Wash
- 1/8 cup castile soap, unscented
- 1/4 cup Infused Herbal Oil
- 1/4 cup Raw Honey
- 1/8 cup organic lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vitamin E oil
- 10 drops essential oils
- 7 drops grapefruit seed extract
HOW TO MAKE IT...
Mix all ingredients together, bottle, and label. For gifts make your own "Handmade with Love" tag and fasten with a ribbon. Enjoy!