Wild Cherry Bark C/S, Organic, 1/2 lb.(WCBC-2)
Wild Cherry Bark is harvested when the bark of the Black Cherry turns black, and begins to break apart. The fruit if the tree is used in pies, cakes, tarts, jellies, and jams.
This bark has expectorant and mildly sedative properties. It is best when prepared without using heat such as in a tincture. Wild Cherry Bark may help support a strengthened immune system and respiratory system.
Common Names: Wild cherry, black cherry, choke cherry, Virginia prune bark, rum cherry
Wild Cherry Bark has been used to ease pain in the early stages of labor. Wild Cherry Bark is not recommended for long term use.
Excerpts from Practical Herbalism
Comfrey Root Tinctures and Wild Cherry Bark Tinctures are extremely complimentary aids to the respiratory system.
Wild Cherry Cough Syrup
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 5 cups wild cherries
- 2 cups water
- 4 cups food grade Glycerin or white sugar
- 1 cup dried Mullein
- 1 cup dried Ginger
- 2 1/4 cups Wild Cherry Bark
- 1 glass jar and lid
HOW TO MAKE IT...
- Place wild cherries in a cooking pot; add just enough water so cherries don't burn.
- Add either glycerin or sugar. Stir and let immerse for 20 min.
- Add ginger and mullein; stir. Let simmer 20 min.
- Turn off heat and add wild cherry bark. Let sit for 2 to 3 hours.
- Strain herbs; put finished syrup in a clean glass jar, label and store in fridge.
NOTE: Quantities listed are not fixed; adjust to your taste.
Elderberry Herb Syrup
WHAT YOU NEED...
- 1/2 cup Echinacea Root or Herb
- 1/4 cup Wild Cherry Bark
- 1/4 cup White Willow Bark
- 1/4 cup Licorice Root
- 1/4 cup Eleuthero Root
- 1/2 cup Astragulas
- 1 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 cups Glycerin
- 4 cups Water
- 4 cups Elderberries
- 1/2 cup Honey
HOW TO MAKE IT...
- Cook elderberries, herbs, glycerin, and water in crock pot on low for 8 hours.
- Strain and press warm syrup mixture, let cool.
- Dissolve honey in vinegar, then mix into the syrup.
- Pour into tincture bottles and store. Take as needed.
Tip: We like to take 1 Tablespoon every 2 to 4 hours whenever we need an extra boost.